We had Chinese New Year coming at at school and I had 4 days to make a top. We had to do it a week before as we would have been on half term.
I found the pattern and the fabric at the same store. I had been eyeing this fabric for a while so hoped it was still there.
It certainly wasn’t the easiest pattern to work with. New Look not easy…Simplicity, I’ll tell you when I’ve done one…I’ve not got instructions from the pattern sheet obviuosly but I have pictures of the stages. I worked on the top (not including the cutting of the pieces) from 4pm until about 10pm for four days. I’ve yet to wear it out, but I will when I finish off the dodgy edging that is on the top now. This was before I got my overlocker!
|Side seams done||Black piping added|
|Frog Closures added||Back View|
All in all, it wasn’t too bad but next time I would definitely not add Frog closures as It hid the piping which took me soooo long to do.
When I tidy up the seams and wear it I’ll post a picture…